Sunday, July 26, 2020

Wretched Me (WIP Short)

I'm back and here with another story for blogbattlers. This is part of my WIP story which is the story I have been working on. Its just a small part, but I hope you like it.

*******


We parked outside the police station. The last place I thought I'd ever be. I felt like a wreck. The scenarios of what could happen were going through my head making me shake with nervous energy. 

“Don’t look so wretched.” Colter eyed me. “Play it cool.”

Play it cool. Easy for him to say. I got out of the pickup and managed to get it together, I thought about how I dealt with nerves before a big track competition. I was different and it didn’t matter, I would win. It was better to stay calm and take in every detail. I looked up at the sign in red lettering: Delta’s Police Department.

The place had long windows in the front. We walked in together. I was glad Colter was here. It made me feel like I was a kid. Who'd gotten into trouble and was here with an adult so she could apologize. I wasn’t a kid anymore, this was bigger than a minor offence. There was murder in the air and I somehow was involved. Which no one knew about yet. So I had nothing to worry about. I was wrong. I'm wrong about a lot of things.

We found ourselves in the detective’s office. It wasn’t at all fancy, it was just a side room where they had stuffed him along with a bunch of boxes. But if I remembered correctly he was a private detective so this was just an office. And he was just using it, he most likely had demanded for one and they gave in, giving him some old storage office. His name was Holstrum. Last name anyway. He sat down looking at us. I noticed he looked tired. I hoped he didn’t see through my disguise as he had a picture of me on the table. It was a little old. I was glad the leather jacket in the picture was not the same one I was wearing. I wore that one a lot. My clothing choice didn’t change much. 

〆〆〆〆〆〆〆

Sorry if it seems like just a taste, but I can't reveal too much.
Also I will be back to posting on Sunday.

What do you think of the story?
How do you think this is going to turn out?
Tell me bellow!
                                                                      

11 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing! Why would he have a picture of them? Can't wait to read the next part

    Loren | Plaid + Sugar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! um yeah the main character is in disguise. ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm kinda keeping most of the story a secret. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Caught you Rakayle. Your BB entry got caught by spam. Just released it so you’re back in the game ha, ha!

    A WIP though, loving that thought. Might be short, but full of intrigue. Hopefully you can give us more in next months promot too 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you found it. I seem to be having that problem. Glad to be back! ;)

      Awesome! Glad you think so! Maybe I will. ;D

      Delete
  4. Murder ... in disguise ... her picture on the detective's desk ... lots of tantalizing tidbits there! I know you can't tell me, but I wondered if the picture was of just her, or if she was with a group of people. I'm leaning toward the theory the detective is a relative of some sort. Hope we get to find out more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha a very interesting theory! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. Really intriguing! I'm curious about the protagonist and their "disguise"! I really want to know what murder and how they're involved -- I get the impression that there is a layer of guilt there, but I'm not sure in what it's relation to. Really cool -- hope to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...