Thursday, May 2, 2019

I Wrote a Premise /// Writing Help

Are you stuck in writing your awesome story? Do you know what to do next? Or are you just not motivated? Maybe you are. Or think you are. I learned about writing a premise from the Write Practise, today I want to share what I learned and give you some writing help.



I can't say I am a professional at this... Or that I know how to write a premise perfectly. I just want to share with you what I have learned and give your story a boost. It sure gave me a boost.


Here is one of the premises I did for my West Rover story:


The daring adventurer, only wants the Book, his stolen whip, and to get off the island. His long time enemy has all of the those, plus a gun. While trying to stay alive, the adventurer must help his enemy find the hidden treasure deep in the jungle.

I still might work on it some more later. 

๐Ÿ”ŽHere are each of the lessons on Write Practise; do go and watch the videos they are so worth it. If you would rather have them in you inbox to watch later I can forward the lessons to you.

Lesson 1

Lesson 2

Lesson 3

๐Ÿ”ŽSo for a premise you have three structures. You want it to be short and explain you story.
You want the (1) Protagonist; my premises protagonist is the Daring adventurer.
next your (2)  your protagonist's goal; my adventurer wants off the island with his whip and the Book.
next (3) a crisis/ antagonist; mine is the long time enemy and finding the hidden treasure with out dying.


๐Ÿ”ŽIf you want a work sheet for writing your premise you might find it on the website or I can email it to you.

Here are some other Premises I have started working on:

 ⇢This is a premise to my first story The Mystery of Jenkins Treasure:

A girl sleuth has a knack for solving mysteries along with three boys.
They find mystery in their own town. Helping a detective they must put the pieces together and
find a thief before he gets away.
⇢The next book The Historian's Secret:

The girl sleuth is in DC just for a vacation while she thinks she will miss out on a mystery.
The mystery is closer than she realized.
Along with the boys, they trek new ground in this big city and have bigger villains to catch,
and all before a museum is robbed.

๐Ÿ”ŽIf you want to learn more about my West Rover story go HERE !

๐Ÿ”ŽMy board for my other stories Here !

Have you written a premise?
Will you check out the lessons?
Have you heard of the Write Practice?
Write your premise in the comments! And tell me what you think...

8 comments:

  1. Ooo, I’ve never really heard about this before - it’s very interesting! I should do that for a story idea I've been mulling around in my head. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it out! It helped me hope it helps you! Thanks Nicole!

      Delete
  2. It definitely helps to remember your story for later to write a premise, but by the time I actually ever write my story, I stray so far from the actual premise that by the time I write "The end" they hardly resemble one another ;d

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, also it should keep you on your story path. If you listen to the lessons he will talk more about how a promise can help. If your story changes it changes. I understand that. In planning my story things can change with my ideas. :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't written a premise for any of my stories, but I'll try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can take a lot of thinking to narrow a story down. Hope you have fun and it helps your writing!

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...