Sunday, June 21, 2020

My WIP //// Isolation Aesthetics

I've been working on this story, it doesn't really have a name, I call it, Isolation story as of now, it will change at some point. If you have an idea on a name, let me know!



This story started out as a short story idea that I hand for this contest that had a prompt : isolation. I didn't do the contest cuz it cost money, but I thought I would write something anyway. Now it has become a full story and I am writing it for 100 for 100 that Go Teen Writers is putting on. It's a fun story. I already have 8k words, though some of this I started before the 100for100. I'm kinda writing it by the seat of my pants. So I'm not all sure what will be happening. Enjoy a taste of the story......

Story Themes:

First point of view, mystery, darkness, light, journey, motorcycles, sarcastic, missing, hidden, sibling arc, leather, running, daring, rebel, professors, police, dad problems, arguing, taking a stand, loner, isolation, pickup, girl switch, mix up, deception, murder, kidnapped, bossy brother, past of secrets,


Want to see more check out my pinterest board.

pics from pinterest or canva.

The Characters: 

Felicity Jones

main character


Motorcycle girl, leather jackets, athlete, runner, college student, loner, rebel, blond, gray eyes, smart, watchful,


Colter Jones 

second character 


Older brother, pickup guy, down to earth, blue jeans, blond, brown eyes, caring, has his own secrets, trying not to be a rebel, 


Still working on other characters....

The snips: 



A black room. A white paper. A soft sound. Was it always this way?
Was something supposed to be happening?

........

Oh. Well that puts a twist on things. My head was starting to hurt. My eyes drifted down to the desk. I saw a picture of Frances and almost flipped out.

.......


“Who was this professor?”


“I don’t know.” 
........


 I racked my hands through my ringlets of blond hair. Where do I go from here? Connelsvill?
Where my last memory was before I found myself in the dark room with the paper?
This should be fun. I hoped my brother would go along with this.
I looked around for cars and broke out running.
.......

You know how some things just feel like home? Like a song you love and hear it again after a long time. That’s what my motorcycle was like to me.

~~~~~~~


Music:

I've got a playlist on my spotify, you should be able to find it at; WIP: isolation or my name, Rakayle A. Sorry I don't know how to put that up that up on my blog.

Here is few songs anyway.







I feel like I'm just getting started with this story, so I'm still figuring things out.

What are you working on?
Do you like stories about siblings?
What do you think of this story?

Tell me below! Love to hear your thoughts!!!!
also happy Father's Day!!!

10 comments:

  1. A sibling story! Woohoo! Ah, this sounds awesome. Your Pinterest board is getting me so excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Glad you think so!! Thanks, it's going to be great story! ;)

      Delete
  2. Your snippets, Rakayle, are awesome! I can't wait to read this story. Also the WIP title seems so fitting for these ages :0

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keturah! I am hoping to get some readers for it at some point. ;)
      Yeah I think the prompt was going for that.

      Delete
  3. Sounds intriguing! Can't wait to read more.

    Also, I LOVE Rend Collective and You Will Never Run is one of my favorite songs along with More than Conquerors.

    Loren | plaidandsugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! Glad to hear!

      Oh, awesome! I like Rend Collective too. They have some great songs. ;)

      Delete
  4. Love the songs you chose and the overall aesthetic! Great snippets too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I tried hard to get some good songs. Thanks!!!

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...