Thursday, January 10, 2019

How to Dye Your Hair with Kool Aid

OK, here we are I got everything together and dyed my hair again for this tutorial. Hope you enjoy.


 Ever wanted to dye the tips of your hair a different color like blue or pink? Well doing it with Kool-Aid is cheap and easy. Plus there is no chemicals, so there is no hair damage. Just don't use sugar or it will make your hair sticky.



First of all you need to get your supplies, or be like me and wing it using whatever you have at home.

You need: The color of Kool-aid you want your hair to be dyed. I used two packets because someone else used that many and I wanted the color to be bright. I picked light pink again I was going to do blue but we didn't have enough packets of Kool aid.
Next get a brush or comb, a cup or mug, hair bands, and paper towels or a towel, whatever you have. The kool-aid might stain your shirt so ware a old one. You can also get some rubber gloves and put them on; I didn't cuz I didn't have any and did not mind if my fingers got a little pink.


Boil your water than pour it into your mug.



Add the Kool-aid to the hot water. I let the water cool slightly tell it didn't feel burning hot.

This was before I dyed my hair about a month after I dyed it pink the first time.
There is still a slight hint of pink but not much.

You can put your hair in pig tails or a braid last time I did a braid this time I did pony tails.


Once you have decided the color, you can dip your hair in the mug.

 I dunked my hair up in down in the hot water.


Not sure how long but once you see the color in the hair. It will look less colorful when it is wet. the cooler the water gets the less it will be dying your hair.


Use a paper towel to dry off your hair a little bit.


You can brush it out when it is about dry.


And there you have it, the finish look.






If you want to see what my hair looked like the first time I dyed it go HERE.

DO you want to try to dye your hair?
What color do you want to try?
Have you ever did it before?
Tell me below...i'm always interested in hearing from you all.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I've just discovered your blog! Such a lovely post :) Your hair looks great! I've never tried dyeing but I think it'd be cool to give it a go one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you so much Ann! It is a lot of fun to dye hair with Kool aid. You will have to tell me what color you decide if you try it.

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...