Sunday, January 13, 2019

Book Review: The Giant Killer

This was the first book I finished this year. I haven't had a lot of time to read but this one I went though in a few days. I  loved it! It is a rare book, I first heard the audio drama.. Which is epic! if you have ever heard of Lamplighter Theater you know they have great dramas and awesome stories.




It took me a while to find this book. I got the book on on amazon. Not form Lamplighter because the books are expensive. And I really don't want to spend twenty doors. This is a cheep version with typos but it didn't mater it was such a neat story.

The Review


This is about a battle, this is an allegory, this is about children and a story that changes how they look at themselves. A internal war that they take to the heart and it changes everything.

The Good things



I love most everything about this story; it's so inspiring. There are illustrations through out the book. I always love illustrations in books, I wish there where more books with illustrations.

The real life mood to it all. The children are sweet and so real; what we all do when we do not like all someone else or have a problem. Even maybe with our siblings. This fight is real and this book brings it to light.

The other part of this story is about Knight Fides who must battle the giants of Hate, Selfishness, and more. He must battle these giants for the King on his journey. When his fight is complete he will go to the city Beautiful. It  is all very interesting!


The Bad things





I can't really that there is too many bad things about this story. Besides typos. This old book written in the 1830's is very easy to read. Some parts where slow and I wished there was more about Fides and his battles. There is a second book called The Battle so maybe there will be some more giants in the next one.




The author Charlotte Maria Tucker wrote under the pseudonym AOLE (a Lady of England).
So you might find her stories under either name. 

 Five stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Do you like allegories?
Have you ever listened to an audio drama?
Tell me below.

10 comments:

  1. Love Lamplighter and love this book! Once a neighbor bought a bunch of these books for his niece, but before giving them to her asked my Mom to read them to us kids so that we could tell him how good they were. We enjoyed the books so much!

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! The Giant Killer is SUCH a great story! I've heard the audio. Love it!
    Lamplighter Theater is my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the audio is so good! Me too Megs Lamplighter is a favorite! What is your favorite drama? I really like the new one The Treasure of the Secret Cove.

      Delete
    2. Sir Malcolm and the Missing Prince, and the White Gypsy are two of my most favorites... though I love them all!
      I didn't know that one was out yet. I'll have to find it and give it a listen to!

      Delete
    3. Those are good as well!
      Yes you will have to listen to the new one.

      Delete
  3. I've never heard about this book but it seems to be great! Good review!
    https://love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! just found your blog through Lisa @ inkwell. It sounds really interesting! I always wanted a horse as a kid, but living in the suburbs doesn't work well for owning one ;) I've never read the Giant Killer, but it sounds interesting!
    -Emily @ growingintofriends.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Emily! I understand that, I live in the middle of nowhere and have always had horses. I do hope you get to have one someday!

      It is worth the read!

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...