Sunday, December 30, 2018

Poem and Pictures

Last post of the year. Hope everyone had a good year and is ready for the new year!


Today I'm going to share the deleted parts of a poem I entered into a contest. I had to shorten the poem and it turned into a poem of it's own. So I hope you enjoy, I will be sure to tell you if I get into the winnings.




To Keep the Secret


The secret in the book shelf,
Is the books on the shelf,
And if there was no writer,
There would be no bookshelf.


For unless you find the secret,
A book for all to read,


Than the hidden story,
that has no name,
Will stay forever hidden;
And the mystery to be discovered,
Will never be uncovered.


Books must be created,
From the mystery at hand,
And once you discover it,

Your sure to understand.


I also wanted to share some photos with you.
🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

I dyed my hair with Kool Aid. I have wanted to do it for a while and finally got to do it. I thought it turned out pretty good. If any one wants me to to do a tutorial, please tell me so. If you would rather watch a video there are lots on YouTube.


The color has lasted almost a week. Washed it once with shampoo and it was still in. So it lasts a nice amount of time, without being too long.



Took a funny picture with my throwing Knives. Be scared. 



My horse Rhubarb eating hay.


Here is the picture of the dress I made.





Took me about to months to make because I didn't get around to sewing a lot, but finally it is done.

It has a peter pan collar, 8 buttons and hidden pockets.



More pictures... This first one is a little weird, but i kinda like it. It's so mysterious. 

 Cake my mom made it was good.   

 
I had fun playing around with black and white.

I only finished one book this month even if I started reading a few. I read some short stories by O. Henry, they were very good.

This next year I hope to do more fun posts, I want to do some code posts, some detective stuff, spy stuff, more book stuff. Lots of my sewing. I want to share more about my books. I am working on some short stories so I hope to share them on this blog. So lots of fun stuff. I hope you stick around and join me on this adventure!!! Lets solve some mysteries!
                                                           
                                                                 


I love taking pictures of fire works! This if from a camp we went to in September. Here is to a New Year!



Are you planning anything for the New Year?
What kind of pictures do you like to take?
Have any posts ideas you would like me to do? What do you want to see more of?
Talk to me. Tell me below.

6 comments:

  1. COOL HAIR!! And pretty good poem too! Awfully nice that you're good enough at sewing to make a whole dress! I have done some sewing in my life but not quite that advanced xD

    happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thanks! Yeah I learn sewing through trail and error. I just tackle things and hope they turn out. I'm happy with the dress. :)

      Thank you! You have a very Happy New Year too!

      Delete
  2. Nice poem! I hope you win :)

    And I didn't know you can dye your hair with Koolaid! I so want a tutorial, because I've been wanting to die my hair for a long time ;)

    Fun pics! And I love O. Henry ;)

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just put the deleted scenes on right now until I know if I win because the poem is not supposed to be published yet.

      Yeah I found out you could dye with Kool aid from Pinterest. Ok I will plan for a tutorial soon. :)

      Yes O Henry has good stories!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year!

    I LOVE that poem! So true! And your hair!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New year to you!

      Thank you Nicole! I love to write poems about books and adventures.

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...