Sunday, January 6, 2019

Starting...My Sewing Project.

This post is a little late because the Internet... is ... so... slow... But here we are, I am starting to get things together to start sewing my outfit.


It is a little scary and I am trying to plan how best to go about getting started. I'm sewing with Velvet. I have never sewn with velvet so this will be new to me. It is pretty green velvet!


I collected all the things I needed and began to figure out which way I wanted the pile of the velvet to go. →→→Watched and read lots of stuff trying to figure out what I needed to do :).

I started cutting out the the pattern I am sewing the middle jacket in the picture.


Once I got that done it had to decided which size I wanted; sewing patterns have different sizes than clothing you get in the store.





Picking what side I wanted the pile to go. Marking it with chalk.


All my stuff. Sizes patterns lining, underlining, measure, needles, fabric, and rotary cuter. 


\
After making the jacket I will be making the flowing skirt in this pattern to match the jacket. 


The final outfit is going to be like a 1770s or 1870s ridding habit. You can look at some of the ideas of what it will look like once complete at my Pinterest board here and here... if you want to learn about sewing with velvet ask me or go here.






NOW I am all done cutting out my jacket pattern and have decided to cut out all my lining and use that as reference to cut out the peaces that have to be on the folded line; because with velvet you can't half the fabric you have to cut each peace individually.

Sooo... I hope you will come with me on this sewing journey and maybe learn something or get something you could use for a story. Whatever it is, thanks for reading.

*all pictures are mine please ask if you want to use them. 

Have you ever sewn with velvet? Would you like to?
Do you like historical clothing? 
Tell me below....


6 comments:

  1. wow! That's such a neat project you're working on. Some of those seams will be hard ;) Velvet is kinda fun to work with, but not my favorite ;D

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I see. I am sure some of it will be hard :). I was going to use wool fabric but it is more expensive so I ended up getting velvet.

      Delete
  2. Ooo! This will be so pretty!
    I love historical outfits. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so cool, I hope it turns out well. <3

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...