Thursday, October 31, 2019

October Investigation

Hello everyone. It's been an interesting month. I am doing an extra post this week to get in my investigation of the month. I will still be posting on Sundays once a week.


This month was a good month with some fun stuff going on.

We finished the dog house and put up a fence for the dogs. Did a food fundraiser for the horse 4h program.
It also snowed.

^The pups before we left for camp.

We had a lot to get ready for, loading up the pickup and getting everything ready.


It was a long drive. I finished one book on the trip and one before we left. They were both good. One was called The Phantom Thief and the other was part of the series The Christmas Hostage. I beta read the second one. I will have a review for the Phantom Thief on goodreads soon.


Saw a cute old Model T on the road.
It took us two days to get to camp. We got there at dark and unpack into our cabin greeting our cousins (also stayed in the cabin).

Next day there was a ladies tea. Lots of fun. I wore my ridding outfit I made, which was fun and not as hot as I thought it would be. I didn't get any pictures, I now realize.


Mom and my sister did one table and a friend did this one ^. Both won a prize for their tables. Mom's table is the pink one in the picture before this one. 


pic above of the worship place.^ We did a few dances on special music night. I also did a guitar song while my sister did a song on her violin. 


Me in my pirate outfit.  The earring I bought at the marketplace there at the camp. A girl made them. I really like them. 


We got to see 9 of our cousins and lots of friends. We saw Grandma and Grandpa too. We have been going to this camp for 6 years now and we get to see a lot of the same people each year.


Family picture day was tons of fun. This one ^ is of my mom and all her sisters that came. Yes they are all very crazy together.


My pirate outfit. Jumping pictures are so fun!


Some of the cousins and my sister...


Saturday night they had fireworks. Lots of fun to watch. And I love to take pictures of them.


Marketplace neighbor and fellow cabin dweller. Also writer and she made the earrings. She had a lot of cool stuff at her table. 


A cousin and a friend rolling down the hill near our cabin.


Our Cabin is behind me. 

It was cold when we came home. The last nice day of this year, we moved cows home. (it my still get warm... it's been under 32 though.) 

^Whip, he grew a bit.

And also it looks like I sold my old horse... Dad is taking him to the buyers in a few days.

Nala^

I entered some butter cookies in a sugar contest in town and I won in that category. My first time to win yay!


 Baby kittens, so cute. This month I had my birthday. Today actually, though I don't celebrate Halloween. I'm 19 now. not freaking out....


Stay tuned, next week I am going to have a guest post than the next week ( i hope) will be my vlog for my blogadversity.

How was your month?
Are you ready for winter?
Tell me below!

13 comments:

  1. Happy 19th Birthday! I'm nineteen in 2 days...! XD
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brooklyne! Oh wow have a happy birthday! I'm having a small party on that day. XD lol

      Delete
  2. I think I saw some pics of you in your riding outfit on FB ... Sarah posted them ;D this was soooo fun to read! I think I'm going to try and come to camp next year (maybe I can come with yall?). I really miss seeing the family ;D And this post really made me miss everyone.

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be sooo exciting if you came next year! We are loaded in the pickup, you wouldn't fit unless you rode on the roof LOL! You could drive down with us in a little procession, that would work :)
      We miss all of you!

      Delete
    2. I knew someone got some pictures of me. So glad you liked reading it. It would be really cool if you came to camp. I'm sure you would have fun. :)

      Delete
    3. What Amariah is blogging now too!!! How exciting! And I don't mind being strapped to the roof ;)

      Delete
    4. She isn't blogging yet... ;) haha, not sure if it would be that fun to be on the roof.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a great month. Happy belated birthday, Rakayle! The kitten is so so cute.
    Right now I'm feeling somewhat ready for winter just because it is so gloomy and rainy right now.

    Loren | plaidandsugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. Thank you Loren! He is. :)
      Gloomy rain is no fun. We have a little snow here.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great month! Camp looks like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Whip and the kittens are really growing.
    I saw in the paper that you baked some really good cookies. Congratulations for winning the cookie contest!
    How do I find the link to Amariah's blog? I can see her profile, but I'm not sure how to reach her blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! Yes they have grown so much!
      Thanks Jessi!

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...