Sunday, September 1, 2019

Flash Fiction part 2

I know, it has been a while, but I finally decided to post the second part of the flash fiction.



You can find the first part HERE

+++++

   The glow wasn’t my imagination. I crept closer. Slowly and painfully. Not sure if they were friend or foe. Fearing the worst, yet wanting to hope. Just hope. 
  Who would be camping out here? And why? The questions lurked. I didn’t stop. I came nearer, moving around the water. My limbs were cold. I had nothing left. I looked through the leaves trying to see who was by the fire. I wasn’t being very quiet. They had to have heard me by now. They should be on alert, whoever was there. One, two, three people?
    I slid forward. Listening for a noise. Of someone. Something. I broke through the final undergrowth. And I saw them. Standing in front of the fire. One a man tall and thick, like a brick. He was holding a gal. She was small, with brown hair, and frightened eyes. She held onto her man tightly. 
   My head was heavy and I laid it down. Wondering if a had found people who would help. He would know I was a traitor. He would. The gal, she looked nice. But delicate. The man would do anything to protect her. 
    “Look he’s hurt.” The gal whispered. 
    “He looks dangerous.”
    “Oh, but Jefferson, he looks barely 19.”  
Was I? I had almost forgotten. 
    “The Young Elites are just as dangerous.”
He knew who I was. 
  A howl pierced the air. 
   “Jefferson!”  
   “Quiet dear. It’s the Robo dogs. I would know that howl any where.” 
   “What do you mean?” He didn’t answer her. The howls became louder. I could feel Jefferson near me. I wanted to rise or move. I couldn’t seem to get my body to respond. I groaned. 
   “We had better get out of here.” 
   “We can’t leave him.” 
I heard the big man sigh. “Maggi…” 
   “Please Jeffery.” 
The howl was so close now. It made me shiver, how could I get any colder? I jumped slightly when I felt a warm hand at my side. “Get a blanked Maggie, we’ll rap him up, he’s ice.” I heard her open a door, and the big man picked up me up. I grunted as new pain spread over me. 
   I soon felt a warm blanket around me. When I tried to open my eyes all I saw was blurry scenes. The fire. Some old vehicle. The gal. The man. Than I was in the back of a pickup.
   “Get the tarp.” The man remarked. 
I heard the rustle of a tarp coming over me. The slam of doors. The start of the engine. We were driving off. I was getting away. But for how long? 
    
**** 
   Waking up I felt softness around my pain.  I opened my eyes slowly. I was in a house. How?
   Then I remembered: Last night. The dogs. The two fining me. Putting me in the pickup. 
  I tried to move, but I couldn't do anything, my muscles too tired. I heard someone enter. It was the man… she called Jeffery.  He looked at me critically. “What’s your name?” 
  Should I tell him? Could I trust him?
  “I can’t help you, if you can’t tell me.”
  I hesitated. “Flyn Post.” 
 He nodded. “So I suspected. Your on the news.”
  My heart started up with new fear. 
“Jeffery don’t scare him.” The gal named Maggie came in around him, and up to me. 
She patted the blanket. “You’ll be safe here.” 

+++++++
Well that was interesting.... Hope you liked it.

What do you think of the second part?
Have any fall plans?
Tell me below.

4 comments:

  1. I like it! I'm pretty intrigued about the Robo-dogs. :D

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! Yeah I thought it would add a bit of the futuristic element to the story. ;)

      Delete
  2. Fun little piece, Rakayle :)

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...