Thursday, May 30, 2019

May Investigation

May has been a crazy month, so busy, and it finally got warmer.


Not sure if you want to see my face here, but you get what you get. Nola is posing with me and my horse Rhubarb is in the background.


The beginning of May started off with my sister, Dad, and I flying to the capital. She won an aviation drawing contest, for the award we got to go to the capital were she would be awarded a trophy and get to go to lunch, also a tour of the airport. 


The capital building is where they had the awards/ a speech about the winners.


My sisters drawing is the first one to your left. The others are the winners of middles grades and younger grades. In that order. 


Me up in the next level of the building. We got to explore some. Also I got second place in the high school category. I got a trophy as well, smaller though. 


Flowers have started to bloom. Things are getting so nice. 


I only got one book read this month. The Boy Who Steals Houses, I did a review on it. I was hoping to start another book, but I have been extremely busy. 


 
Oh and yes it snowed again in the middle of May. It keeps going from 40s to 70s. Please help I do not like this. 


 Had some nice walks to the mail box. Course I have been sewing a ton and worrying that I wont get it done in time because more things keep popping up that slow me down.


 We branded cows on the 27th of May. It was a good day not too hot not too cold. If I haven't mentioned before or you don't know, I live on a cattle ranch.


We all have our own jobs. That person with the pink hat and long hair is me. I was the head gait shutter.- not sure if that is a word. *shrugs*


We got baby chicks at the beginning of the month, my picture moved on me.... They are for my 4-h project. They are market birds, I will be selling two at fair. 


I am still going on with the 100 for 100 writing challenge, I sure am doing bare minimum though. After things calm down maybe I can get some more words in each day. I have been thinking about some other writing contest stuff, not sure if I can handle it though. 


I have been trying to ride everyday. Even if it looks like it might rain, or it is very windy, I am still riding. It has been going fairly good; I have been riding my young horse, Rhubarb. He is almost 5 and I have been training him a few years now. We got lots to work on. It can be a ruff ride. The other day I got a bruise from hitting the saddle hard. 


I was planning on taking a week off from blogging in June, but guess what? I got so many ideas that I wanted to do that it ended up not being on my list. Oh, well, you will get some fun stuff this June, so stay tuned!

🔎🔎
How was your month? 
How has writing been going? 
Are you enjoying the weather? 
Tell me below!

16 comments:

  1. Loved getting a glimpse of your May! Sounds like you had some fun! Your dog looks so sweet! ;)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, so glad! Fun and busy! She is the sweetest, I love her so much!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the award and flying to the capital!! That sounds awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat pictures! That is so cool that you live on a cattle ranch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a small ranch, but a wonderful place to live!

      Delete
  4. Wow, your month looks like so much fun. I really want to brand sometime.

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. You should come next year, and brand with us.

      Delete
  5. Dang, sounds like you had an awesome May! Hope your June is just as great (but maybe a little more restful 😉).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome! Thanks, and yes I do hope it is slower!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on placing in the contest! Your dog looks sweet. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was cool to get second place! She is the best! <3

      Delete
  7. Aww, your dog is so cute!!

    Yay for the trophies and getting to go to the capital! Looks like you had fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a little cutie!

      Thanks Emily! It was fun!

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...