Sunday, August 11, 2019

My 4-H Fair 2019

Yes, I'm late today. I might just start blogging once a week for a while.... Anyway today you will hear about all my fair experiences.


This year was a fairly good year, not the best for me, but still fun. Onward......

Monday 29 July

Monday was the horse show. I showed a borrowed horse, Callie in showmanship. 


 I got reserved grand champion. I was really hoping for grand, but my sister took it...


Rhubarb is in green broke, fist I did pleasure, which was with my sister on her young horse Sundance, and another green horse. There are not very many in the class.

 Sister and Sundance.

After the pleasure class I had a pattern class with my young horse, I though it was going good, than he bucked, and I flew off. It was not fun. But I did get back on and re did the class. He did just fine. I have no idea what made him buck.


Last class of the day was English. I was getting tiered by than. My tail bone also hurt from being bucked off, but I got through the class. 

Tuesday 30 
me showing my NASA poster. 

The next day we had to enter our 4h projects.


My brother Job with his Iron man suit he made.


 Ezra my brother showing his remote control tank to the judge.

Sister entering her art. 

Wednesday 31


On Wednesday we brought all the animals to the fair, also had the poultry show. In the picture above (taken by mom) my sister is in the whiter shirt and I am in the brown shirt, beside her.


 Us with our market chickens. They are big and heavy.


After the chicken show they had the cat show. ^ Sister with her winning cat. 


Next it was the dog show. Me and Nala on the end. I got reserved grand (second place) In dog showmanship. I was so happy! We got third in agility. 

Thursday 1 August

 The next day wasn't super busy with 4h stuff so we went to the rides.


I didn't ride because my tail bone still hurt, I was feeling a little better, but not enough to be riding.


The riding crew, my three siblings and a friend.


After rides, we went to the rodeo.


I got some interesting shots. It was a good rodeo, but there were not any good clown acts.

Friday 2

Friday was the round robin. My sister won grand in horse so she got to be in the large round robin.


Round robin is were you have to show all the animals.


 Later was awards. I got a hay bag for wining reserved in horse.


My sister got a few belt buckles.


We both got these cool bags. I got mine for dog and she got one for cat.

Later we sold our market birds after that we went to work at the 4h food booth till dark.

Saturday 3 / Sunday 4

Here are some pictures of the indoor exhibits.


My riding outfit and corset got blue ribbons.


 My brother Ezra got Best of Fair for his plane.


Some other Best of Fair things.

And that was fair. Sunday we had to clean everything up and take our exhibits home. I was able to still get my 100 words in everyday so that was good.

Have you had your fair yet? 
What do you enjoy at fair?
Tell me below.

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! (And congrats on your reward! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I kind of feel bad that we didn't go since we might have met you, but it was so hot we didn't really feel like going.
    Maybe you can get your dad to come to our fly in this September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should have came, that would have been cool. Some days were not too hot compared to most years.
      Oh you have a fly in? We are having one on the 30th of August. :)

      Delete
    2. The only day we could make it was Saturday night and it was really hot and we were tired.
      Great. I told my family.

      Delete
    3. Ok, I understand, I think we were tired that night too. :)
      Nice! We wil be having donuts for breakfast.

      Delete
    4. Yes, you two need to meet! How funny it would have been to see each other at fair ;)

      Delete
    5. On our luck, we'd have all been sweaty and tired and walked straight past each other without either of us recognizing the other. :P

      Delete
    6. I would have been surprised. But yes that might have happened too. ;D

      Delete
  3. Sounds great! Lovely photos :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the photos. I'm sorry it wasn't your best year, but it looks like it was still a pretty good year ;) I entered a couple dressed into open house at our fair and got a blue and red ribbon. Definitely not my best either ;)

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was pretty good, but I was kinda sore from getting bucked off. Oh, sometimes they have hard judges. :)

      Delete
  5. Pretty cool! Never heard of a round robin for showing though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Round robin is when all the winners of each animal go in the round robin to show evey animal, the one who does all animals the best wins over all. :)

      Delete
  6. My 4-H fair is this week! It's my last year, because I'm 18, which is really sad; I've been doing it for 8 years now! Congrats on your Reserved!

    Hanne || losingthebusyness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Oh, it is kinda sad when 4h starts conning to an end. Next year will be my last year. I'm 18 but in 4h I'm only 17, so I can go one more year. I've been doing it for 7 years. Thanks Hanne!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...