Thursday, May 9, 2019

Sewing The Jacket

Fun Fun ....I have got a lot of sewing done! Compared to last time anyway... I still have to keep almost sewing everyday to get it done in time for my 4-h fashion review. It will be held May 30th.


Getting on with the pictures... and what I have been doing all the month of April. Missed out on the other posts? Go  here (sewing).


I did a little hand sewing with the black underlining. I sewed it half on and got the corner sewed down on all of the pieces where I had sewn the interfacing to the Velvet. Now there are three layers.


All the pieces got finished, also had to finish up on some markings.


As you can see in the picture above nothing matches up super close; I should not get aggravated about it but I do sometimes...

Next I sewed the darts. I am telling you one important thing to know in sewing is how to sew darts almost everything I have made has had darts.


Finished both darts it looks nice on this side.


Next I sewed the back together with the side back.


Sewing more together with my sewing machine. I did have to hand sew all the pieces together. I learned real fast it would slip. I did have some ripping out to do. I am a very gentle ripper outer so, all is good. It does take a lot of time though.  


All the pieces are together for the main part of the jacket. It looks cool if I do say myself...


What it looks like on the other side. I did do a fitting a little later and had to take in a lot of the seams than rip the old ones out. That was a hole day ( 2 hours)  of cutting out thread. 


I went on to cutting my boning to the right sizes. Than marking them. 


Here I have them in a casing I made, though it was not going to work so I had to get some baste tape; Loved that, it worked so well! 

⇩⇩⇩⇩

On with the rest of the jacket next time. Once the jacket is done I have a skirt to do, oh and another fun thing... Stay tuned. 

How are your projects going? 
What colors are you drawn to?
Mine as you can see is green... Tell me what you think! 

14 comments:

  1. Wow. I've never sewn anything in my life before, but that looks really really complicated. But you’ve got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little complex, some places more than others.
      Thanks Nicole! I do hope so. :)

      Delete
  2. You are doing an awesome job so far! I have tried sewing things before and I have gotten so frustrated! I'm so glad that you have kept going even though it has been hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much! Oh, I know it can get frustrating. I guess I enjoy it more than not. :)

      Delete
  3. Looks great so far! I'm too impatient for sewing, lol. I took a semester of sewing for home ec in high school and it was fun to see that I could actually manage to make wearable stuff, but it's just not for me. xD I'm glad you seem to enjoy it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look good! Oh, sewing home ec sounds interesting! Thanks I do enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  4. Hey, it looks like you're turning out to be quite the seamstress ;)

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks like quite the project! I love sewing scrunchies and smaller stuff! :)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a big project! I have never tried sewing scunchies... Smaller stuff is always fun to sew! :)

      Delete
  6. Looking good! I can't wait to see the final results. :D

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...