Sunday, May 26, 2019

Working on the Jacket and Starting the Skirt

I am back with another sewing post. This is the last week before fashion review. Wish me luck! I am not going to have much time to show the end results this month, so next month will have the rest of the project, don't worry you will get the full outfit soon. 


Okay lets get on with the sewing. :) Here is my other sewing parts of the project


After I finished cutting the boning, I cut out the base tap.


Next I sewed the base tap on the inside of the jacket. 


Than I pushed in the boning, and finished sewing it in place. 


Here is what it looks like on the inside.


After I got the boning on, I finished the raw edges so it wouldn't fray. This Velvet frays really fast. I should have finished the edges before I sewed the boning, but I didn't know how it would work out. It should be okay though.


Try on time. I did try it on before I sewed the boning, and ended up taking in the side a little. I than made sure it fit. It does, course it is a jacket so I didn't want it too tight. 


Here I sewed the sleeve parts together.


Got the collar sewed on. 

Cutting out the skirt. In the picture above I finished cutting out one of the back sections of the skirt.

This part of the skirt was on a fold, so I cut out the one side of the skirt, flipped the pattern piece over and cut out the flipped over pattern. The header picture shows the flip. 


Next I started sewing the back skirt together.


Sewed the zipper on the back.


Next I sewed the front part of the skirt to the two back pieces of the skirt.


My seam, if you care on what it looks like. Also went back and sewed the raw edges.


So I started the skirt because I needed the ribbon for my sleeve. I ordered the ribbon, and got it in a few days.


I lined up the ribbon and hand sewed it on. It was supper hard to line it up and keep the ribbon strait. 


Next went on to machine sew the ribbon on the cuff of the sleeve. 


Sewed the other side of the sleeve together. You can see my loose thread from the ribbon, I was ripping out the hand sewed thread so everything would look clean.  


I used a lot of thread. Here I am fill the bottom thread spindle. 


Onto hand sewing the sleeve to the jacket. 


Yay it is on, not kidding it took me three times of re-hand sewing the sleeve on, to get it right. You would think the little arrows would help, but not really. 


Both sleeves on now. I know it looks done, but I have a bit more to do, like the buttons. 


I sprayed painted the buttons to gold because they were silver, and gold is my color scheme. 
It has been fun, crazy, and I am still busy sewing! The dead line is getting so close! Stay tuned more coming soon. 

How is your projects going?
What do you think of this so far? 
Tell me below! 

12 comments:

  1. Great job! I love the green and gold. :D

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I know I am so obsessed with the colors! :p

      Delete
  2. Wow! It's coming along nicely!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks amazing! Best of luck! You got this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, glad you think so! I will take all the luck and blessings I can get! Thank You! ;p

      Delete
  4. You're doing such a good job. Great idea spray painting the buttons ;D

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keturah! I got silver button not thinking I needed gold. It turned out very well! :D

      Delete
  5. Whoa! How neat! I can't wait to see it when it is completely finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's cool to see the process! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like to see the process! It's an awesome color!

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...