Thursday, January 17, 2019

My WIP // West Rover

Hay every one, today I am excited to share a little about my WIP.


I got this idea after watching the movie Nim's Island in 2015. West Rover became my main characters name. He was a cross between Indiana Jones and Alex Rover in the movie Nim's Island. I starting  writing it in March but I didn't do a lot of work on it for a while, although it was always on my mind. Finally this last year I started writing this story and haven't stopped. I first started writing it for the 100 for 100 challenge. That was in May. I am still writing it; though I am getting close to the end. I hope to finish it before February but I don't know if that will happen. I have been slacking off lately.

My story, The Adventures of West Rover, Siding with the Enemy. I plan to make it a series.



This story is set in the 50's but they are on an island so there isn't much to hair styles and such. I about had a big problem with pictures because of the fact than the characters didn't have 50's hair styles. But in the collage above they do have that style. 


I write in a note book, the story has taken two notebooks so far; it might be going on to a third. 

Here is the intro...

It swings in the midst of a dangerous fall,
What a rickety thing it might hit the wall,
unless you can fly,
You better go by and by.

West Rover has a mission: go to the island, find the book, and bring it back. but nothing in life is that easy. West Rover finds himself caught by natives and soon to be a sacrifice, but an old acquaintance Ace Cutter intervenes, and he isn't doing it for a thank you. He is after the treasure, the book (written long ago by an explorer) leads to by riddles. Cutter needs West's help to decipher the riddles, and West doesn't have much of a choice.
The jungle thickens and more troubles arise. Questions are presented, are riches evil? Does God exists?
West has choice to make, that will be the difference between life and death.  





Here today you can meet some of the Characters.



West Rover the main character and hero of course. He wears a brown leather jacket and long brimmed fedora.He caries around with him a bull whip and two revolvers; they get taken away from him in the story. He has blue eyes and blond, brown hair. In the jungle he has his hair wavy. West is just coming for the book (which is journal that was left in the jungle) to take it back to a rich man who wants the book. In the states West is an archeologist professor, who is more into adventure then teaching. He has a temper that gets him into trouble. 



Ace Cutter the enemy. He wants the treasure (a crown) and is willing to do anything to get it. He wears a long black coat and a brown hat. It is not in the picture. He has plenty of fire arms along with his Hench men to keep West in line. He has brown eyes, blond hair, and a commanding attitude. 



Indigo works with Ace; he is a mysterious boy to West, who looks to be from Arabia. He packs a rifle and  knives are stuffed in his rugged boots. His job is to keep an eye on West. Emmit is Indigo's pet pine martin. This little creature climbs around, causes trouble, and helps out as well. They make a threatening team. West is determined to make friends with them. 




Snips from the book.

"Cutter," West said under his breath, "run!" Cutter look at him. "What?"
West gave him a serious stare. Cutter moved just as an arrow thudded into the rocks, splitting in half. 


As West walked along he flipped through the book, stopping at his mark. West saw that the page was ripped out. He stopped in his tracks. It was gone, it was there before, so it must have been recently torn out. But who? And why?


West rubbed his head a big lump was forming. What did Cutting hit him with? And where was the devil?


"Do you have a plan West?" 
"I may... if you give me my whip."
Cutter paused before saying, "Nice try, West."
"This isn't some swindle Cutter."
"I've heard what you can do with the whip," Cutter remarked.

➤Some of the snips may change after editing. 



This picture above is some of my sketches inspired by my story. 
I hope to do another post at some point about my WIP. There may be some more collages and maybe some music.

*Disclaimer some pictures for the collages were found on Pinterest or the Internet. 

What do you think of this story?
Do you like adventure books?
Tell me below. 




3 comments:

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...