Sunday, April 28, 2019

April Investigion

This was busy month, I rather enjoyed it. Things have worked out a little better than March. It is crazy how some days can differ completely from the other.


A lot of projects have been going good... Let's get on with the pictures and the month of April for me. 



On the 1st,  I finally got my saddle for being top senor in 4-h horse. It is so pretty! I love it! (I'm dressing 40's in the pic on my brother's birthday at the end of April. I am late on picture taking...)


It has colorful thread in the seat... I think it is amazing!!! 


I stared dressing up like the 1950s... a little. I have had a lot of fun. Some days I have just been doing my hair. I have a hard time styling my hair just right. Dressing old fashion is a lot of fun! Took some fun pics, like the ones above. 


It has been getting nice, slowly but surly. We had a few rains which is nice. 


I have been planning a speech or demo for 4-h. On the 21st I finally got an idea on that I like. I have less than 1 week to get it ready for the presentation. I will be doing it on the second of May.


Mom's tulips are growing. Everything is getting green!


I got a bit of writing done. I think I am past some of my difficult scenes, I don't know... something always comes up. I want to do the 100 for 100, Go Teen Writers did last year (I hope they do it again) so I am hoping to get my WIP done so I can start a new story for that challenge. My WIP was the same story I used for the last 100 for 100 .... This one has taken a long time to write.


Have started wearing my boots again. Instead of mud boots. Also starting to ride and train horses. Trimmed my young horses feet. Yes I do it myself, only him though. 


I read two books this month. The Boundless, by Kenneth Oppel and Palace of Spies, by Sarah Zettel. The first one I gave 5 stars, the second 3 stars. If you want to keep up on what I am reading check out my Goodreads here. I started reading a book about a horse, I was going to do a speech about the horse, but I changed my mind. So that book is on the back burner.


I got a lot of sewing done. I will be doing a post on my progress at some point in May. I did my first giveaway on my blog! That was fun!! I hope to do more sometime.
I finished my Geometry! I am so happy to get that done! Now I am working on my other school work. This will be my last year in homeshcool!


I just found out I got second place in an art contest! I'm not a big artist, but it is so cool to win. In May I will be talking about it some more. That is when I get my prize...
I entered some other contests... I can't wait to find out if I get chosen!
I started a using Spotify that has been interesting....


*Update it snowed this Sunday morning!


IT is no joke, I woke up and it is white... That is the north for you. It should melt soon, it is just really crazy an it is not even that cold.*  

I've got a lot of fun stuff planned for May so stick around!

How was your April?
Do you have anything fun coming in May?
Tell me below!!

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on your saddle! It sounds like you had a really great month. I hope May is excellent as well!

    (And I feel you on the weather - why does it have to keep changing?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! Yes it was. Thanks! I hope you have a good May too!

      Yes I wish it would stay nice... ;)

      Delete
  2. It is interesting how some days are so different than others ;) that's exciting about the saddle! You look so much like Aunt Sarah dressed in 50s ;D Cute. I think they are doing the 100for100 next month, so totally gotta join!!! So funny we both got music stuff this last month, me Pandora, and you spotify ;D And wow .. we woke up to snow today, too .. and yesterday I went hiking in short sleeves ;p

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the saddle is so exciting! It was back ordered since September. Thanks, I have been trying out different ways to get good curls. :)
      Ok awesome... I really need to work on getting my WIP done than. Oh I think I head of Pandora. I am starting to like Spotify besides the adds.
      I know I was enjoying the warm weather. :P

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Brooklyne! It is the coolest thing I have ever won. I did work for it though. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, nice saddle!!! I have some friends who do 4H, but when I was a teen, there wasn't a club in my area.

    Also, coolio on the styling...I can't do much with my hair besides a few simple hairstyles (ponytail, braid, etc). Mostly cuz I don't have the patience, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice! :) Yeah for a while I wanted to do 4h and I finally got to.

      Thanks! I can be like that too. Braids have been my friends for a long time, but I want to start dressing vintage more so I am going to work for it. :)
      It does take some patience! Lol

      Delete
  5. your april is very productive. anyway, I like your blog, wanna follow each other? please let me know. thanks :)

    JULIE ANN LOZADA BLOG
    INSTAGRAM: @julieann_lozada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi glad you like my blog! I checked out your blog but I'm not sure if I agree with a post pictures. If you like follow me, I will think about following yours after I read a little more. I won't forget to check out you blog some more.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the saddle!

    Ooh, I love spotify, I hope you have a good experience on it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gray!

      I have been liking spotify. I do like the playlist stuff!

      Delete
  7. Oh, I don't think I knew you rode horses! Your saddle is gorgeous.

    Sounds like you did have a busy month! Looks like you had fun dressing up; I love older fashion, from the 40's, especially.

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I have talked about riding a little, not a lot though.

      It was busy! Yes the 40s is so cool! I have started looking into the 40s fashion more and having fun with it. :)

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...