Sunday, May 19, 2019

GTW 100 for 100 Summer Challenge 2019

The Go Teen Writes 100 for 100 challenge is starting tomorrow! I am so excited, but kind of scared too. I have so much to do and I have to work this in too. I do try to write everyday.... Anyway I wan to talk about my project for this 100 for 100.


I said in another post that I was wanting to finish my WIP "West Rover" before I started this challenge. Well I did. I think the ending may need work once I start editing, but for now the story is done. I am both happy and sad. 


🔍Some aesthetics from my West Rover book:






Snips:

So pail, the moon would melt into the sea. The riddle went through his head. This was it! 

#
There was a hint of annoyance in Cutter's eyes. West was suddenly giving the orders. He was beginning to think that letting Cutter go was a mistake. 

#
West went inside the deep darkness, he had his whip in one had, a gun that Indigo had slipped into his satchel, and a burning torch in his other hand.  West walked forward slowly, loose gravel crunching under his feet. There wasn't much to see at first, but it wasn't long before he came to some stairs. 

#
West saw Emmit scampering down the slope after him, his fluffy tail bobbing. "What is that martin up to?" West said under his breath.

***

My new story I decided to do for the challenge is The Jake Detectives, book 3. I have been thinking about this one for quite awhile. The first book I finished writing, started this series. I am so happy to get back to Kayla, Joe, Ed, and Andy. 
I haven't talked about this series a whole lot. It is a mystery series, in 1973. The teens Kayla, Joe, Ed, and Andy are sleuths helping Detective Cartwright (Andy and Ed's father) solve mysteries. Sometimes they stumble upon their own mysteries. Pintrest board.

For now the name of this book third is "To Catch a Spy". To my surprise I came up with a name for this book before I even started it let a lone finished it. I am not sure if I will keep the name so.... We will see what happens.

🔍Here are some aethesics for you:





I did not get all the characters' boards done, it takes a lot of time...

🔍Meet the characters,

Kayla, most of the time she is the main character. She loves to solve mysteries and is happy to do what the boys like to do. Once in a while she will strike out on her own, but she don't always feel as confident as the boys seem. She is 16.

Amelia Pond. Like a name in a fairy tale.

Kayla has auburn hair and brown eyes. 

Andrew, but everyone calls him Andy. He is the most sensible and likes to think things through. He will normally take over since he is the oldest. He is 18.

I was very scared and I failed...for a moment I failed. I went back to Bors trying to ignore that I knew that if he asked me to stay with him I´d do. He didn´t, so I left
I don't have a very good picture of Andy yet. He has dark hair and brown eyes.

Edmund or Ed, Andy's brother is the most mischievous of the three boys. He would go out and do anything that came to mind if his brother wasn't around to slow him down. He also likes to work on cars. He is 17.

I am still looking for better pictures of Ed. He has blond hair and blue eyes. 


Joe, is in between Andy and Ed, he will think things through, but sometimes he will just go for it. He is learning to fly and doesn't always like to have Kayla along. Joe is also 17, but just a few months younger than Ed. 

This would be Kayla and Joe. Ever looking for a good pic of Joe. He had light brown hair and brown eyes. (Kayla is Joe's sister.)

*All pictures from Pinterest all credit to owners.

They are the Jake detectives. The reason behind the series name (Jake detectives) is explained in the first book. I am not giving any surprises away. Sorry. Also on another note I am planning to rewrite the first book.... at some point. Hee that is going to be lot of work.

Snips from the two previous stories:
🔍The Mystery of Jenkins's Treasure, First book:

Andy leaned back. “So, what is about the note? They must know we are on the case.”                    
“And how come it warns us, but not really you?” Ed asked.
Before Mr. Cartwright could answer, there came a loud crash.
#
“Now what is this all about?” the gray haired lady complained, “I came here to stay-” she broke off and added, “you open the door and stare at me like I’m a criminal. Didn’t you remember I was coming?”
#
No it isn’t,” Joe insisted.                         
“We don’t know that yet, anyway everything is evidence.” Kayla claimed.       
“Fine,” Joe surrendered “We can find out.”

🔍The Historian's Secret, Second book:

The Plymouth stopped just behind the blue car, waiting for the light to turn green, rain sprinkled on the cars. The small drops sat on the shaking hoods. The light blinked green and the Camaro gunned forward. His follower rolled forward seeming in no hurry, calm and smooth.
#
“I found my answers, Joe,” he said quietly.
“That’s good because I need some.”
#
“Yvette!” Victoria scolded. Yvette ignored her. “A person can get lost in there; around closing time someone switches on the maze. You can get lost in the endless paths, frightening things reflect on the ghostly mirrors.”The loud clang of a clock made them jump.“See I told you.” She shook a little. “The museum will be closing in thirty minutes.”
*****
Hope you enjoyed those snips and other book goodies! I hope I get a lot of writing done this summer! Will you be doing the 100 for 100? Maybe we could do some word battles some time, like on goggle chat. I don't have Facebook, so I can't do the word battles on there. Please tell me know if you want to and maybe we can schedule a time that works good.

I had a lot of fun with this post!
Will you be doing 100 for 100?
Have you done it before?
What do you think of my stories?
Tell me below! Love to hear any feedback. 

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with the 100 for 100 challenge! I've never done it before, but maybe I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should try it Kara, it is very fun and motivational!

      Delete
  2. I had so much fun reading through all of this. I'm super excited about the 100for100 I think, but I totally forgot about it until seeing your post ;p But yeah, it shall be fun ;D

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear that! I am excited to! Oh good, glad you got a reminder, you wouldn't want to miss the first day. :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the 100-4-100 challenge! And your stories sound really epic - especially the Jake Detectives! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! Aw so glad you think so! ;)

      Delete
  4. Best of luck with the challenge! These both sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...