Thursday, May 16, 2019

Book Review: The Boy Who Steals Houses

Here we are with the review. I said a while back that I was going to do a review on The Boy Who Steals Houses. It should be spoiler free.


Hope you find this review helpful! 



Sam is a young boy wondering the streets. Stealing to survive. Trying to take care of his brother, trying to find a home or steal one. His past is bound to catch up with him and it my hurt all his chances of finding a home. 


The good things

First of all I can say I like the way this book reads, even although it is in present tense which I normal don't like. I like the description and the characters very much (even if I dislike some of them for a while.) Sam is so precious. The story is so sad and so real. The ending was awesome. This is hard to put into words.... The theme is good.

The bad things


What can I say? This book would have been perfect is not for a few things. First of all the language, just no. Ever single page seemed to have some bad word. It just isn't necessary. I also didn't like the mention of a boy having and ex-boyfriend. It is not looked on as a bad thing either, more like that was just normal. It is not normal. Than there are some kissing and other uncomfortable stuff that did not have to be in the book. Some times I was like OK and other times I was like no! Not needed.

Conclusion


I enjoyed this book. I have been busy so finding time to read was hard, but I got it read. It made me a little sad and a little angry. It is such a complex book. I love the family Sam meets although they could be nicer to each other, some things where a little harsh. I think it should be for readers 15 and up.

⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars.

Have you read this book?
Do you want to? 
Tell me what your thoughts are!

8 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this book for so long .... I have it, just haven't found the time to read it yet. Too bad there's those little things in it though ;/

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it can be hard to find time to read! Yep, they were not needed.

      Delete
  2. This has been on my TBR for a while! I have been wondering about any questionable content, though, so I'm glad you mentioned that. Aside from being frequent, was the language bad or pretty mild?

    I'm still looking forward to reading it, though! I've heard from a lot of people that the story is so good.

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh glad you found it helpful! Well there are a lot of f words h words a few d words. Not a lot of bad bad words I guess.
      I should have mentioned there are some violent scenes.

      It does have a good story! Hope you like it!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I can't wait to read this book, I'm super excited for the autism rep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good read! Yeah Sam's brother has autism. It is Interesting to read about a character with autism!

      Delete
  4. Great review! I just got this in the mail, can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...