Sunday, February 3, 2019

Cutting Out My Pattern

Happy morning every one! Today I am going to talk about my sewing project again and how far I have come (which is not as far as it should be). I started out cutting my pattern for my jacket a while ago and I finally have that finished.


I think it was a month ago that I first started talking about my sewing project. I talked about getting all my tools together and what it would look like in the end. Well now I am on to the messy stuff, cutting out the pattern.



Okay here is where I am cutting out my interfacing. Every single peace has interfacing. That wasn't too hard to cut out just had to figure out how to lay the interfacing I needed about 4 yards. 


Next I got out the green Velvet and went over which why I wanted to cut it. Since I had to cut out each peace individually I used the interfacing pieces. It made life easier.


After marking each piece with chalk I laid the interfacing out on the Velvet. I think it helped save on spacing. Looks kinda pretty. 


Cutting it out wasn't as scary as I thought. I used my scissors instead of the rotary cutter because I thought they cut cleaner. They are very nice scissors!


After I got that put away (I am doing this is the living room where little boys are at play). I got out the next fabric for underlining. I only had 6 or 7  pieces to cut out. This black silky material was so hard to CUT OUT! I was freaking out for a little bit. Not sure if I am going to like this to sew with. 



The next day I finished cutting out the underlining. It is not perfect but I will be sewing it onto the other fabric soon . I think it will straiten out and look okay.


Now that all the cutting is done I am moving back to my lair down stairs where my sewing machine is. This is where the magic happens everyone!

I will be testing out how to sew with Velvet when I get everything together.

What kind of fabric do you not like to cut out?
What is your favorite part of sewing?
What projects are you working on?

Tell me below. It doesn't have to be sewing related.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, looks fun! I hate cutting out anything ahah! I prefer to work with natural fibers as they don't slip as much. I just made myself a llama jumper that turned out quite nice! I'm still working on my quilt. I think scissors are best unless cutting out long straight lines such as quilting, then rotary cutters are good.

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is one of my least favorite parts of sewing! I love jumpers! Yep I learned that... I have never used rotary cutters before.

      Delete
  2. You have such an interesting hobby! I've never really tried sewing but I think it's a great idea :) My aunt as a teenager used to sew clothes for herself and they were so pretty and original. She gave me some of these clothes and I enjoy wearing them! Now she sews clothes for her little children and that's so cool. Good luck with your project :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really fun! I is worth trying to sew even if you don't have a sewing machine you could always try small projects and sew with a needle and thread.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. That's really cool! I'm terrible at things like that haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope it turns out :) and it will look cool when I finish it. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. OH, all looks great, good look.

    https://geeky-freeky.blogspot.com
    https://geeky-freeky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...