Sunday, January 20, 2019

Book Review: Young Sherlock // Night Break

The 8th book and so far the last in the Young Sherlock Series by Andrew Lane. If you have not read the first ones I recommend you read them!!!





So I finally got around to reading Night Break. I fully enjoyed it and wanted to do a review about it. It is a excellent mystery although not much came as a surprise to me like some of the previous books.


The Review


Sherlock is visited by his brother and he brings bad news. Sherlock, Mycroft, and Matty, quickly head off to the Holmes estate were things soon get strange. Masked men break into the house. They are chased away, but Sherlock wonders what they were looking for. They didn't steal any valuables. When they got to see their sisters suitor more strange things happen. A letter is discovered that tell of a sabotage. Can Sherlock stop it?



The Good things


This one has got to be one of my favorites it was very interesting! I liked to be able to learn more about Sherlock's sister and really liked James Phillimore. The story is fast pace and I had a lot of fun guessing what was going to happen. I was right one time, spot on. The other times I think I had more of a conspiracy thought up than the writer did. *shrugs*
Sherlock learned to sward fight in this one, which was awesome you could really learn something about it form Lane's descriptions. I love to learn things from books!!
This book was published in England so the editing is slightly different than American books, I think that is cool!


The bad things



There were not too many bad things about this book. The beginning of the book is interesting though it kinda gave a little away, but also made things mysterious. I also wished to know if Sherlock's sister was going to get married, Lane never really settled that part. This is also the supposed last book. He might write more but it could be a while. It seemed like a good ending yet somethings were left hanging.



Over all I enjoyed this book and all the rest of the series! I want to read some other books Andrew Lane has written; they should be good as well. I also need to read some of the original stories of Sherlock Homes.
If you want to keep up to what I'm reading find me on goodreads.

Five Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Do you like Sherlock Holmes?
Have you read any young Sherlock books?
Are you interested?
Tell me below!!



6 comments:

  1. Oh, Never heard of these except from you. But they look interesting!

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get a chance to read them sometime. :)

      Delete
  2. Never heard of these, actually! Might have to look them up. One of my sisters really enjoys Sherlock, so she might be interested in reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should look them up thay are good!! Some of them are scarier than others but they have awesome mysteries. You also learn a lot about Sherlock Holmes.

      Delete
  3. I should check these out, especially if they're fast paced! I love that in a book. :D

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fast paced! I love fast pace books too!

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...