Thursday, December 6, 2018

What A Detective Needs

This has been a crazy week. From going to town to the electricity going out for a few hours yesterday.  I finally decided on a post a little last minuet.






So if you want to be a detective, even if it is just a story detective, you need some things just in case a mystery is discovered. Weather it is thrust upon you or you seek it out, you need to be ready. After all you are a detective.

Now to start off if you look it up, you nee these things...Critical thinking and problem solving. A detective much be able to see detail and solve clues  that come up. As well as not take sides but look at all the sides.
Detail, What is important? What does the law say. What kind of car was he driving? The color of his or her hair. It is important to pay attention this.



And if your going to become a real detective you nee to know about computer and technology to be able to use them. For conducting background checks and find out about missing people reports. Police detectives my use the National Crime Information Center to get criminal information. 
Writing reports may be involved as well. When talking to witnesses or criminals it is a good idea to write down the information that could be important later.     
Fighting skills is also a good idea. 

Here is some things to think about taking with you while you sleuth. 
🔎
A note book. Write down the clues. 



Mores Code is a good code to learn. Never know when you will need it.


A camera is a yes. No it doesn't have to be that old. 




Evidence and walkies talkies or two way radios if your like the Hardy boys. A Disguise, a hat and beard or wig and what ever else you need to blend in. Now if your going to go under cover you need to a voice recorder. Just in case you need to recorded a conversation. 




Don't forget your belt( to tie up the bad guys), flashlight, and a magnifying glass.
 






A pocket knife should be added to the list. You may need to cut out of some ropes.



* all pictures are mine except a few from Canva.

So now that you have everything you need for sleuthing grab a friend and solve a mystery. 
🔎🔎🔎🔎
What else do you think a detective needs?

Can you tell me what kind of car it is, in in the picture above? 

Tell me below. 
Be back next week for more fun detective stuff. 


10 comments:

  1. Oh, I really want to learn Mores Code! And pocket knives are always essential! :D
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know Mores code is cool! Yes pocket knives are essential. I lost mine I have been thinking about getting a new one.

      Delete
    2. I have a belt buckle knife... it's harder to loose! *winks*

      Delete
    3. Oh that sounds like a great knife!!! Yes a lot harder to lose for sure.

      Delete
  2. I love pocket knives - have a whole collection of them. And once I wrote an entire journal in a code I made up haha. Your code looks impressive!

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that is neat! I loves codes, I always enjoy trying to solve them. Some can get ready complicated. I will be doing a post on codes some time.

      Delete
  3. I once wrote my own "language." Called it Elvish, cause I was such a Tolkien nerd. Then I learned how to write Tolkien's actual Elvish (Sindarin, anyway). Codes are always fun!

    And knives...yes!!!! I have way too many knives...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I like to make up codes with the alphabet changing around the letters. I have seen that Elvish code language.

      Nice! I don't know if anyone can have to many knives. Lol.

      Delete
  4. Secret codes are fun. I'm also hoping to someday figure out a good invisible ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pin that has invisible ink and you shine a light on it to see the writing. Other wise it is hard to get a good invisible ink. ;) Best of luck figuring out a invisible ink.

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...