Sunday, December 2, 2018

Three words/ Story prompts

Story prompts in three words. They kind of sets a theme for a short story or maybe even a book. They are really fun to think of and put some elements to a story that you might not think to add. Some are for mystery. Some could be anything so play around with them if you like.



Prompts

Detective; library; cactus 

Cookie crumbs; paintings; fog

thunderstorm; airport; crime 

Typewriter; missing papers; revenge 

Mystery; chocolate; fire 

Opera; ally ways; key chain 

Rooftops; top hats; love

Ninja stars; a Corvette; cops

...and more prompts

Stolen ring; a new pastor; a wedding 

Small room; dark secrets; red lipstick

Dance; teamwork; passports

Smuggling; blimps; leather jacket

A trained killer; poppies; skateboard

Dark woods; a prison; an arrow 

All in black; hot coco; footprints

Running; duck tape; bridge

Snow storm; sunglasses; kidnapper

A few more prompts....

Train tracks; funeral; pocket knife

Bandits; baseball bat; time travel

Sabotage; flight 101; bad company 

Extra prompts 

You find a note that is all ripped up. You take it home and put it back together. 

You go to a house that all your friends agree to meet at. You are greeted by a old man he takes you to a room. You sit down and he leaves. Time ticks by and you try the door. It is locked. Your trapped in the room. Soon you find clues. Your must escape the room. 

Start your story like this: The bomb rocked the building. 




                                                     So what do you think?
                               Will you use any of the prompts?

Next week on Sunday I am doing a book tour so stay tuned. As always tell me what you think below. 
















6 comments:

  1. Prompts are so fun - right now I'm working on so many things though so I don't want any more tempting inspiration haha. Looking forward to the tour!

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know sometimes I don't need any prompts. But once in a while I do need some ideas to keep my writing going. Come back when you need some :).
      Ok awesome!

      Delete
  2. Oh! I like these! My favorites are: Detective; library; cactus, & Dark woods; a prison; an arrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cool! Oh yes those are some of my favorites too. ;)

      Delete
  3. These are really awesome prompts!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think they make you think about a story differently.

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...