Sunday, November 18, 2018

Random Post ...about my books




Well it is not too random, but it kind of is. So just go with it. This is about the books I have written. About when I started them and finished them.





The Mystery of Jenkins'  Treasure was my first book to finish. I had begun writing it when I was ten. I remember starting it at my great grandma's house in Florida. It started out with a Slash! I had the idea to make it a mystery like the Hardy Boys. Later I wrote more and wanted it to be like the Hardy boy book, The Fire Rocket. I finally finished it in 2015, five years later. It is set in 1973, it use to be in 1979, but I ended up changing it.

Now a little bit about it.

Kayla and Joe Cuttingham are cousins to Andrew and Edmund Cartwright, who's father is a detective. Soon they are on a case.
Jenkins a known thief stole a bank and ran for it. He was last seen near Davenport. The sleuths search for clues. Notes warn them to stop the case or go up in flames.
Where is Jenkins? Why is he still in Davenport? Will he get away before they find him?


The Historian's Secret. Second book in the JAKE Detective series. I finished writing this one I think in 2017. Finished writing it in 6 months. Which was fast. I had everything planned out so it went very smooth. I am very happy with it. It was a lot of fun to write. I am in the middle of editing it. I hope I can make it a novel.


And a preview.

The JAKE Detectives, Joe, Andy, Kayla, Ed,  all head off to DC for different reasons. And find themselves with a mystery. Allen Knight was shot and almost killed.
Now unable to talk they find out he knew about a museum robbery. But when is it going to take place? Which museum? As they search for answers more puzzles come up. And someone is trying to stop them. Will they solve the historian's secret before it is too late?


Okay, this next one I started nit long ago and finished it in May. I call it the Lawrence Book. It doesn't have a name yet.
I write all my books in notebooks so I have to transfer them to the laptop. By the time I get them transferred I usually have a name for the book. I started it in January and more or less just wrote. Not much planning went into it until I was half way through. It is a cool book, set in 1936 New York. This is when Lawrence Cartwright Andy and Ed's dad was 18.  This is about his first mystery. It is a stand alone book.

Now, about it.


Lawrence was just trying to get out of the pouring rain. When he hears about some crime. The Tommy Gun toting thugs catch him, but he gets away only to get involved again. All Lawrence knows is that the bad guys are doing something illegal and they have a lot of money. Lawrence follows them and finds their head quarters on a boat. What else are they up to?
Honey, Lawrence's sister is suspicious of Lawrence's actions. She wants some answers. Finally he tells her everything, only to keep her quite.
Can Lawrence solve the mystery? The bad guys will stop at nothing to keep him quiet. With a unlikely companion, sent by Honey, Lawrence will get deep in danger to stop the crime.

I thought about adding the book that I am working on right now, but I think I will wait. It is not a mystery, but a adventure story. So stay tuned.

So what do you think?  Do you have any name ideas for the Lawrence Book?

Tell me below.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to read your next mysteries! They sound good. I'll have to think of some title ideas for you :)

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about ready to send out my second book.
      Ok thanks.

      Delete
  2. I love writing & I have so many unfinished projects! You motivated me to finish them.. Thank YOU & I wish you best of luck! <3
    Khadija | October's Lallu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it can be hard to keep writing. You can do it though!
      Your welcome :).Thank You!
      Thanks for commenting!!!

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...