Thursday, November 15, 2018

Mystery Books Part 1- Darker Moods


Five mystery books that I have read and enjoyed. Five mystery books that have darker moods.

I'm sure I have read more than these but these are really good ones. Most of them are in between. Some are scary and some will having you reading late into the night. All of them will having you guessing until the end.


Murder on the Orient Express
by Agatha Christie

Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10)

This book is now a movie. I haven't seen the move but I read the book and it is really good. Agatha is known for here red herrings and you will never see it coming. It is a murder so they talk about the the murder but not in much detail. It is one of the best I have read of Agatha Christie. She twists everything around, who did it? When did they do it? Did they get off the train already?
They are now stuck on the train snowed in, so no one is getting away. Can Detective Piorot solve the case? They have no way on know who each of the passengers are so Piorot has to thing it threw. I don't read a lot of murder mysteries and this was clean.

Code of Silence by Tim Shoemaker

Code of Silence
This is a christian mystery thriller. Three kids witness a robbery and a man is knocked out trying to stop it. Warned to keep quiet, they form a code of silence. Lies soon entangle them. The cops want answers but the code stands. Will anyone tell? What is the right choice?
This is a fast pace thriller. It totally kept me reading. He is an awesome writer! This is the first book in the series and maybe the best. It can be somewhat scary which is the reason it is this is in the darker mood mystery books. It has a great theme and really points out some great lessons.

Young Sherlock Holmes by Andrew Lane
Death Cloud

In this series Young Sherlock Holmes Death Cloud is the first book. This series has ruined me from any other young Sherlock books. They are the best and the author is from England making the mood is perfect.
You learn  how Sherlock learns to play the violin. How he started solving mysteries. Some of them can be darker and sad. Still it comes a surprise when the bad guy is caught.
My favorite one I have read is Knife Edge. You really get to guess what trick the bad guy is trying to pull.
I think they are worth the read especially if you like Sherlock Holmes.


Nightmare City by Andrew Klavan
Front Cover

Tom is a reporter for his school and he was discovering something big; when it happens. But what what was going on? Why was his town deserted? He is looking for answers. He tries to remember what happened. Soon the fog is getting  closer and closer. Time is running out. Can Tom get out in time?

This is a very fast paced. I was turning the pages with excitement and curiosity. What had happened? Where was Tom?  This has a lot of mystery in it even if it is not your usual mystery.
As you can guess for the books name Tom in in Nightmare City. The fog is chasing him. Klavan is one of my favorite authors. He really knows how to make you love the characters. This Christian story shows why you should never give up on life. I  extremely recommend if you like mystery and fast paced books.


The Paranormal Puppet Show by Justin Richards
Front Cover

The first book in the Invisible Detective Series. The Invisible Detective is a detective no one sees but solves baffling crimes. Four children know the secret of this detective but no one would believe it anyway. Soon they come across a strange case involving puppets, disappearing people, and faceless bodies.
A boy from today finds this story in a old shop. A strange connection seems to be between him and the children in the story.

I found this book at a good will store and decided to get it. Written and published in England I don't think too many of these books are around. It is a good mystery somethings I started to figure somethings out, but is worth the read. Some of the story gets a little scary is why I put it in the Darker moods post. It has a very good mood just the type for 1930's England.
I haven't read this book in a while so I'm a little rusty in remembering everything.

                                                                         
                                                   ðŸ”ŽðŸ”ŽðŸ”ŽðŸ”ŽðŸ”ŽðŸ”Ž

Be sure to be here next Thursday for Part Two: Fun Mysteries.

These are some mystery books I have read. Looking in my book case I see i have some more mystery books I haven't read so they are not on the list. Of course I have read lots of other mysteries I probably can't remember. I know for sure these are some awesome mysteries to start reading.

So what are you waiting on? Go get one of these.

Also if you want more information of one of these books ask below. I will give you some info. And if I can't remember I have most of these books, so I can just look it up.

8 comments:

  1. Woah, those books sound so good! (Especially the Young Sherlock ones....) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read any of these before... :D
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'd love to read the Sherlock Holmes one and the Paranormal Puppet Show! Love how the blog is looking :)

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look really good! I've only heard of the Murder on the Orient Express.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seam to read books not a lot of people have read of. Oh well they are good, some of my favorite. Which is why I like mystery.

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...