Sunday, June 9, 2019

Finishing the Jacket and Skirt

Okay the anticipated day has arrived. You will see me finish up the outfit and the full look!


It has been a lot of work and a great project!


Alright here we are above I started measuring the ribbon and pinning it on.


I started sewing the ribbon on by hand.... than I begin messing with my scissors and cut myself. It hurt. It didn't stop me from sewing though. I continued hand sewing my ribbon with thee fingers free and two holding my napkin in place. 


Aw, I got that done, I went on and machined sewed the ribbon.


Next I started sewing the lining for the raw edges of the jacket.


I got it sewed to the jacket.


Here is the edge now after I folded the lining in. I had to sew it down.


Getting the bottom of the jacket folded in so all the edges are hidden.


Got that sewed down. Not all of this needed hand sewn so it went fairly quick.


On the inside at the bottom. I tacked the lining to the bottom were it needed it. Also had to do some hand stitching to get rid of some final raw edges.


Got the top where the collar is, tacked down. 


Went on to pinning down the him on the skirt. I did not hand sew it down, just went on to machine sewing.


It worked out fine. I hand plenty of pins and it did not have much of a slipping problem. YAY! It saved a good chunk of time.


Here I started doing the button holes. First I measured the spot with a button, next a slit the spot, measured, after I got it the way I wanted I went back and hand sewed around it.



On to sewing the buttons on.


Done and done. That is what the jacket looks like all buttoned up.


I also got two buttons sewed on the back. I think it looks great!


Here on the final day, the fashion review was at 3 and I was finishing up. I am in my curlers trying to be ready, doing more than one thing at once.


And there it is. Oh and my three cornered hat too. 


At the dress review.... the final look.


The back. 


I hope you enjoyed this series of sewing this historical riding habit! I may do some more in the future. Also I am planning on a tutorial on how I did the hat. 

What do you think of the outfit?
Do you want some more sewing adventures?
Tell me below! 



8 comments:

  1. It looks great, Rakayle! All your hard work paid off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, this is why I hate sewing. It's so dangerous. But WOW! IT TURNED OUT SO NICE!!! You look so much like Felicity ;)


    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little dangerous, but it was my fault for messing with scissors. It did! I was going for a Felicity look! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a huge accomplishment! Great job!! ;)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooklyne! It has been fun and I am so glad it looks so good! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, it looks amazing! Great job, Rakayle! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! It was a successful project! <3

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...