Sunday, December 16, 2018

Detective Movies

Movies about mystery and detectives that are fun and thrilling.



This is a list of good mystery movies with great detectives or at least funny detectives. So grab some popcorn and enjoy a good mystery film.

The Pink Panther (1963)
Image result for the pink panther


The Phantom is a jewel thief and  Inspector Clouseau has been after the thief for years but he slips through the Inspector's fingers every time. Inspector Clouseau is a good detective but only by accident and is always getting on his bosses nerves. The Pink Panther a gem is the Phantoms next target but Clouseau is off to Rome to catch him before the gem can be taken. The odds are against Inspector yet the  is so stupid he doesn't even see it.
This might not be too much of a mystery but is sure fun to watch and Clouseau is hilarious. There is a newer Pink Panther but no one can be Clouseau like Peter Sellers.  There are some more Pink Panther films with Inspector Clouseau that are good but some have a few bad scenes.

Ace Wonder 

Image result for ace wonder movie

Ace Wonder, ten year old detective is looking for a mystery for his latest graphic novel when he hears about a note left by Derek Morton's grandfather who just passed on. Soon they find more puzzles and troubles arises. Only staring for a short wile in town they will be on there way and the mystery could stay hidden forever. Is the pen the traitor or the pocket the only way to find out is follow the clues that are hidden in wooded objects. Will a treasure be at the end or something much more important.
This is a great family movie that will keep you guessing who the bad guy is until the end.

Nancy Drew (2007)

Image result for nancy drew movie

Nancy goes on a trip with here father to Los Angeles. She got to pick the house so what did she do? She picks a house with a mystery. The problem is her father wants her to stop sleuthing. So she tells him she will, but the mystery keeps getting bigger. Soon the danger thickens there might be more to the mystery of the house than Nancy first thought. With a new friend she sets out on a adventure through Los Angeles to find out why a actress was murdered.
I think this is a fun and thrilling mystery that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Emil and the Detectives

Image result for email and the detectives

Emil is going to his grandmothers he has some money for her.  It is stolen while he is sleeping. He goes after the man, the police wont help so he gets help from the detectives, five boys who are willing to catch the man. They might stop more than just a pickpocket.
This is a 1964 movies that is fun and you end up loving the detectives even if they might not always get it right the first time.

Minor Details

Image result for minor details

"Cheerleaders are ick and their going to get sick."
At a boarding school four girls soon discover a note saying everyone who is a cheerleader is going to get sick. When it happens they get worried. Soon the school is in a panic no one wants to eat the cafeteria food. Teaming up together they have to solve the mystery and find out who is making every one sick? And Why?
This is a cool movie and a you get a chance to try to solve the mystery.

Young Sherlock Holmes (1985)
Image result for young sherlock holmes movie

Sherlock goes to boarding school and meets Watson. Young Sherlock is quick to solve any mystery any boy might challenge him with. A real mystery popes up and Sherlock and Watson get kicked out of the school. Strange deaths are at the center of the mystery.
This movie is not like the Young Sherlock Holmes book in my opinion it is not as good. It has a lot of frighting scenes that some people might not like. I didn't think it was that bad. It is sad at the end, that didn't surprise me because of reading the Sherlock Homes books. But if you like a thrilling mystery and a sinister bad guy who seems like this good guy, you just might like it.

🔎🔎🔎🔎🔎
*all of these pictures I found on the Internet. 

I hope to do a few more mystery moves next week so stay tuned.

Do any of them sound good?
Have you seen any of the movies? 
What mystery movies do you recommend? 
Tell me below. 

10 comments:

  1. Aaahh, yes, the Pink Panther was soooo funny!! XD

    Did you happen to see Murder on the Orient Express? I’m debating whether to see it or not, and I’ve heard mixed reviews.... *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Pink Panther is the best!!!

      No I haven't seen Murder on the Orient Express. I have read the book but the movie looked different when I watched the trailer. I know me too, for a while I wanted to watch it but now not as much. You can visit pluggedin.com they have good reviews for movies, they have this movie and tell you about it.

      Delete
  2. I would love to see Pink Panther and Minor Details! and Sherlock looks fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good and fun, you will have to tell me what you think of them when you see them.

      Delete
  3. I actually didn't watch any of them! Added them on my "to-watch" list! Thank you! <3
    Khadija | October's Lallu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch a lot of old movies ;). Ok awesome!. Your welcome!

      Delete
  4. I've never been a mystery kinda person, but old movies are always so much fun!!! (I do enjoy the BBC Sherlock, once it's been filtered, lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, old movies are great. I think they give some insight into that time. I don't watch a lot of tv so I haven't seen it :).

      Delete
  5. I need to watch them!

    londonkidx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good mystery movies! Hope you get to watch them!

      Delete

Every comment is loved. Thank you for being kind. I will always reply so come back, I love to get to know my readers.

It's Almost August

 How is more than half the year gone by? I've been enjoying the summer. I love summer.  It's been a very rainy year which is so grea...